Friday, May 4, 2012

SYNTHETIC INTRUSION/marc jacobs plastic metallic cowboy boot


These boots are my latest love affair.  I love the idea of incorporating plastic into clothing and the Jacobs S/S 2012 collection had plenty of that going on.  Plastic mixed with 1920's inspired silhouettes is just brilliant to me...probably because plastic usually makes people think of the future so the combination is completely surprising.  After showing Jerrmaner these boots, his face lit up with a smile as he remembered Sean Young in Blade Runner.  All in all, the Spring collection was pretty typical Marc Jacobs, and by that I mean absolutely genius.  Leave it to him to combine the unexpected and create something wonderful...almost as if he had a magic wand.  

Oh and yes, guilty as charged...another dog print!  That makes two dog prints in one week!  I can't even believe it myself.  I guess I have to accept my infatuation with critters and admit that I may have a bit of a problem.  


sea dress

bcbg maxazria trench

marc jacobs plastic metallic cowboy boot

anya hindmarch 'i'm not a plastic bag' tote

psst...Zappos Couture still has a few of these boots left.